The four key direction areas MCN have identified are:
Representation: To represent the views and goals of the maternity consumers we represent.
Partnerships: To build collaborative partnerships.
Communication: To share information with all maternity consumers.
Advocacy: To advocate for maternity reform as per the NMSP.
- Engage with grassroots maternity consumers, organisations
and communities across Australia using variety of mediums (social media, newsletter, face to face meetings, surveys) to identify needs and interests.
- Undertake clear two-way communication to ensure the diverse needs of maternity consumers are communicated.
- Ongoing advocacy and lobbying with government /
Organizations to promote the needs and interests of Maternity Consumers and implementation of the NMSP.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing to/from maternity consumers.
- Identify maternity consumer training needs.
- Provide opportunities to build skills.
- Work collaboratively to establish and maintain partnerships with organisations and individuals who support our vision.
-Ensure information and knowledge is shared with
partners e.g. newsletters, social media, minutes.
-Work jointly on partnership events and activities e.g.
training, forums and projects.
- Develop training programs / campaigns for MCN members.
- Provide opportunities to expand MCN members skills and engagement in local, state and federal maternity reform.
- Ensure traditional communication media is utilised to ensure inclusive sharing to all MCN members.
- have MCN Consumer Representatives at face to face events, conferences etc. - Ensure social media communication and website is user friendly.
-Ensure acronyms are defined.
-create 2-way discussions relating to
MCN member issues.
-proactively submit submissions and
provide comment on local, state and national emerging issues.
- national advocacy voice
for Maternity Consumers.
-survey MCN members to identify relevant concerns within the NMSP.
- Identify campaign priorities for consumers, and the NMSP
-Develop suitable advocacy resources and templates for MCN members.
- Support and educate MCN members with campaigns.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and maintain support across the consumer network.