Registering for MCN Consumer Representatives Program opens opportunities for maternity consumers, to become involved in a range of reform and quality and safety improvement activities, such as:
- project reference or steering groups advisory groups to Statewide health bodies
- short term consultations on new health initiatives.
- Commitee Member on local primary health network and hospital boards.
To be eligible for appointment as a maternity consumer representative on behalf of MCN, a person will need to:
- be a member of the Maternity Consumers Network
- support the vision, values and objectives underpinning the Maternity Consumer Network Consumer Representatives Program
- be able to represent consumer views about health services support MCNs aspirations
- provide a maternity consumer voice to inform health policies, planning and service delivery
Unit 1 - Partnering with Consumer
Voices consumer perspectives.
Takes part in decision making process on behalf of consumers.
Nominated by and accountable to an organisation of consumers.
More information here (Consumer Health Forum):