Registering for MCN Consumer Representatives Program opens opportunities for maternity consumers, to become involved in a range of reform and quality and safety improvement activities, such as:
- project reference or steering groups advisory groups to Statewide health bodies
- short term consultations on new health initiatives.
- Commitee Member on local primary health network and hospital boards.
To be eligible for appointment as a maternity consumer representative on behalf of MCN, a person will need to:
- be a member of the Maternity Consumers Network
- support the vision, values and objectives underpinning the Maternity Consumer Network Consumer Representatives Program
- be able to represent consumer views about health services support MCNs aspirations
- provide a maternity consumer voice to inform health policies, planning and service delivery